Dental implants are among the most popular permanent solutions for tooth replacement. They are miracles of modern design and engineering, in which titanium—a super-strong metal that is compatible with bone—is implanted directly into your jawbone, and actually fuses with the bone to form a permanent root. A new tooth (or teeth) is custom-made from porcelain to match your surrounding teeth and is then attached to the new root.
This highly specialized procedure requires the precision and care of a skilled expert.
Would You Benefit from Dental Implants?
You may be considered a good candidate for dental implants if you have the following:
- One or more missing teeth
- A tooth or teeth that are damaged (cracked, chipped, etc.)
- Healthy teeth and gums
- Sound overall health (no serious medical conditions)
Dental Implants offer a wide range of benefits:
- Your teeth will look and feel natural, providing a confident smile
- Elimination of discomfort or soreness that may be experienced with ordinary dentures or bridges
- No slipping, allowing you to speak and eat normally
- Letting lost teeth go untreated can cause a number of problems:
- Missing teeth can affect what foods or drinks you can consume, which can lead to poor nutrition and overall health
- Your bite can also be affected, causing your teeth to line up improperly which may lead to jaw joint or other bite problems
- Your self-esteem can be reduced, if you feel self-conscious about missing teeth